For the folks that have one of these on their Quickbeam or SimpleOne - do
you actually swap gears that much?  Am thinking of a 17/19 for my
SimpleOne.  Besides worrying about clearance issues am just wondering if it
would get used enough to justify the price.  There are not a lot of long
climbs in the Twin Cities, but in other parts of the state, a 2 mile or
more climb is not unheard of.  Also thinking it might be good for a bail
out on a windy day.  Or really steep shorter hills.  As my SimpleOne has
metal fenders, this seems a more appropriate choice that flip/flop
freewheels.

Have also considered a Dingle fixed cog setup.  Not willing to try that
right now.  The idea of superfast spinning on downhills just doesn't appeal.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN