It really depends on how you "really" use your bike. I bought a Dos for my QB-
the 16/19 - but 90% of my riding is my daily commute that I can do in the 40/16
gear with no problem.
If you are new to single speeding as I was a couple of months ago when I got my
QB you might be surprised what gear you can actually get away with. There's a
small hill on my commute that I never would have thought I could handle in
40/16, but in fact it's no problem at all.
I might suggest trying a few cheap single freewheels to see what gear works for
you before spending on a WI. Shimanos are cheap and there are some BMX units
out there even cheaper. (apologies if you are a veteran SS-er. I'm just
learning this stuff!)
BTW, I was able to make all 4 ratios on my 16-19 rear X 40-32 front work within
the dropout range, though the 32x16 (not that you'd ever use that) was right on
the ragged edge. But not with fenders of course!

Pete in CT