I shift my quickbeam quite a bit, which I guess seems to be unusual among
QB/SO owners when these threads come up, but I'm not really sure why.
I have a White 16/19 fw, a 22t ACS on the other side, and the stock QB
crank with 40/32 rings.

For riding more than 15 miles, I use 40/16, and this is mainly for going to
work which is 15 or 17 miles if I go the longer way.   For the riding in
the city of boston, or with my significant other, I'll switch to 40/19,
which takes about 5 seconds.    Sometimes also use that for long rides too
when I'm not in a hurry.     When we go in the woods, which we do often
thankfully, I flip the rear wheel and ride 40/22 to get to the trails (20
seconds), then do another 5-second change to 32/22 at the trailhead if it's
a hilly, rocky, root-heavy trail, which in New England they generally are.

I really enjoy the concept of the QB and feel that it works great exactly
as the ad copy originally described-   switching gears now and then, but
benefiting from the simpleness, quietness, and one-speedness of a single
speed most of the time.   I have derailleured bicycles too, but riding a QB
is sufficiently different and pleasant, in additional ways that I can't
easily explain, to justify its design.

-Matt