Way back in the day I convinced my parents that a road bike was what I
needed and they fronted me the $ so I could go to REI in Berkeley to pick
something out. Spent a fair amount of time there chatting with familiar
sales guys and ended up with a Peugeot. Actually memory is fuzzy from the
late 70's high school era so it might have been a Gitane. Or something
else. But a nice road bike no matter the label. Had been riding the typical
Schwinn banana seat bikes until that point.

Anyway, ended up going to college in Davis and really getting into cycling.
Fair number of centuries and double Cs. Then lost interest until 1994 when
I wandered into the local bike shop thinking about getting a mountain bike.
Wanted to see what the fuss was about. Instead took an '93 XO-1 out for a
spin and was blown away by the bike. Read the Bridgestone catalogs and put
the pieces together that Grant had been the main person helping me with my
first real bike purchase. Could not make the money work so ended up buying
an XO-4 as I would be doing more road than trail riding. Still have that
bike. Still fairly stock. About to become more Riv-ish with Albas and some
racks. It is a great bike.

Since buying the XO-4 I watched Riv but time was not right for another
bike. In the last few years though I have added a few bikes. Now have a Ram
and a Bomba. My wife recently got a Betty. She loves that bike. Insists on
keeping it in the living room.

Always a great experience dealing with Riv and Grant.