Philip:

That's exactly what I'd do, too (but I'd probably throw in a "woob woob
woob"...).  Seriously, I'd expect the wheel speed wouldn't change with the
shift, so the crank rotation would instantly accelerate... But if your feet
are firmly strapped in and you offer some leg resistance (assuming your
legs aren't ripped from your body) I'd imagine the tires might make a noise
similar to jet landing gear hitting the runway.

In the name of science, man.... you've GOT to test this!!!  Please just
make sure to film it for YouTube...

Don't mind me... it's late and I'm delirious..

Peace,
Bobby