I have four bikes on Oahu, one in Hilo (for visits).

62cm Hunqapillar
66cm Quickbeam
Bike Friday New World Tourist
Re-re-re-built ATB from a local store that I've had forever and keep changing

In Hilo I've got a Bridgestone RB-1

Could I get by with one bike…I suppose so. It'd have to be the Bike Friday
though as that's the one that goes to the mainland with me when I travel
and…well…I don't want to stop riding on the mainland or have to deal with the
costs of shipping a regular bike.

If I could keep the BF and could have another bike that didn't travel I think I
could get by with just the Hunq. Not that I want to get by with just the Hunq
but it's the one that covers all the bases.

Having said that, I really do need at least two bikes as I don't own a car if a
bike breaks down I need a backup to get around on to get the parts to fix the
other one. This has a happened more than once.

In fact today I was running around on one bike getting bits and pieces for
another. Nothing was wrong though, just swapping cockpits out and putting in
new brake cable, etc.

Aloha,

Bob

--