Did I sweat? Yes. Did the sweat have somewhere to go (both liquid and
vapor)? Yes. It breathes as well as a heavy cotton shirt. Because it's
cotton (yes, the stuff everyone says will kill you. They don't know about
ventile). The mechanism for how it works is completely different from the
boil-in-a-bag stuff that temperature matters for.

It was in the 50's (F) and raining. I was riding up slopes of 12-15% with
parts that were steeper for longer. As an experiment, I ran a trail with
the breeches on in 80˚F at 40% humidity and they breathed pretty well for
that too (I didn't wear the jacket). Hope that helps.

With abandon,
Patrick