Interestingly that is pretty much in keeping with the traditional rolling
resistance tests done in tire labs.  The decrease in rolling resistance
"flattens out" as inflation pressure increases.  Even on a steel roller, an
increase from 100 to 140 psi doesn't reduce rolling resistance that much.
Interestingly in the old Avocet tests, that flattening was more pronounced in
tubulars than in clicnhers.  Those were also- as far as I know- the first
published tests hinting at lower RR with wider tires.

Tire pressure needs to be high enough to prevent pinch flats.  At my weight
(6'4" and roughly 220 lbs these days, more in midwinter when I am not riding
due to snow, ice and cold) I pretty much have to run tires 32 mm or narrower at
the top end of the rated pressure on the rear, and run the same at the front
for no particular reason.  At 23 mm I have to run them at 120 psi or lose
weight...  ;-)   Interestingly enough the comfort of my 559x32 Paselas at 100
psi is very similar to my 700x25 Paselas at 115.