Back in the day, tipped off that Tandems East still stocked the old, very
narrow, very light, very supple 559X1" (more like 22-23 mm) Specialized
Turbo tire, I called to order some, and one of the owners told me that
tandem teams, looking for a speed edge, were fond of these. Barely 200
grams and smooth, smooth, smooth once you learned not to pump them to 120
psi (for a single). I still have some.

--
Burque (NM)

Resumes that get interviews: