A lot of people are trying to apply reverse snobbery to this discussion
where it doesn't exist.  Whether it's fly fishing or bicycling, there is a
marketing machine turning 10,000 Chinese widgets at a time, and they have
to sell them by scientifically pandering to egos.
Everyone is happy she is riding her new bicycle - no one is adverse to her
enthusiasm.
But this board is built around Rivendell as the benchmark and subculture
for cycling, and it is our goal to get the word out about that benchmark
and why we think it is beneficial compared to widgets.