Jeff, I actually wasn't calling you out.  I picked your post to reply to
because I liked its humor.  As parallel discussions go, today on the bamboo
fly rod board, the topic is You're a collector, but I'm a Fisherman, which
is that brand of reverse snobbery - the comparison was actually how I
percolated my idea here.