Find this whole conversation interesting.  While I consider any tire 38mm
too skinny to ride, a number of friends are now at the point where anything
under 50mm is too skinny.  Guess I could say that tastes change and people
adapt.

And that line of thinking is starting to make more sense to me.  Honestly,
in the past couple weeks have been toying with selling both my Rivendell
bikes and buying something that takes at least a 2.5 inch wide tire.  For
my type of riding, and considering the continuing deterioration of road
conditions, it's seeming to be more logical.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN