> iamkeith,

They sent me a 'stache with a collar that said "25.4" stamped on it. I
measured the clamp area, and found it to be smaller than the "26.0" stamped
stache I already had at home.

Maybe NITTO made a 25.4  and sent RBW one by accident in their regular 26.0
shipment.

I would never alter any handlebar. I am not saying look for a collar to
swap. I don't even think that would work or could be done anyway.
That would be altering the bar. Just see if NITTO made a 25.4 and sent it
to RBW by accident in their regular shipments of 26.0 bars.