Not to be rude, but why do you need to keep your 25.4 stem besides cost?
Could you get away with the Nitto Technomic, which is still a nice enough
stem? I definitely think that taking material off the Albastaches is a bad
idea. Or maybe someone has a 26.0mm stem that would work for you. I might
have a 3TTT in 26.0mm in the parts bin that I was going to put on my
Peugeot PX-10 w moustache bars, but it was way too low so I went with a
Nitto Technomic deluxe.

Ryan in Winnipeg, MB