From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Adam L. Schiff
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 12:28 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Editor as main entry

Because the rule of three from AACR2 is gone, it doesn't matter how many
creators there are for a work.  In RDA the authorized access point for a
work is the combination of the first named or prominently named creator
and the preferred title for the work.  Hence:

AACR2

245 00 $a Title Z / $c by Authors A ... [et al.].
700 1_ $a Author A.

RDA

100 1_ $a Author A.
245 10 $a Title Z / $c by Authors A, B, C, and D.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries