From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Jack Wu
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 1:00 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Editor as main entry

Thanks Adam for confirming this exception.

Jack

>>> "Adam L. Schiff"
>>> <asch...@u.washington.edu<mailto:asch...@u.washington.edu>> 10/8/2012 2:43
>>> PM >>>
Yes, the authorized access point for motion pictures and other moving
image works is an exception and is constructed of the title only.  Serials
are not always an exception.   If a creator is responsible for all issues
of a serial, it would be named using the creator combined with the title.
This of course is already the current practice in AACR2, such as when you
have a directory or annual report of a corporate body or a serial always
written by the same person (e.g. Roger Ebert's movie yearbook).

Adam

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger