Robert Maxwell said:

>I don't think I agree with this as an argument for not including high
>level general terms in the relationship terms available ...

SLC agrees with Robert.

It i still on open question whether SLC will use relationship
designators; only one client so far has said they want them.  It
seems a waste of effort to apply them, and then remove them on export.

If they are to be supplied, single word designators seem sufficient im
most cases.  In a record for a video, "$edirector" would seem better,
since it is obvious from the record that a motion picture is being
described; "$efilme director" seems both redundant and too long for
convenient display.  The same is even more true for "$ecomposer" vs.
"$ecomposer of music for sound film".

For an integrated list of shorter terms see:

http://special-cataloguing.com/mris/21