That would take of it, thanks Mark, I did say with trepidation. :)

Adolfo

From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of M. E.
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 8:40 AM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] RDA local printouts

Tarango, Adolfo <atara...@ucsd.edu<mailto:atara...@ucsd.edu>> wrote:
Weighing in with trepidation to comment on the part of 2.8.1.3 addressing the
appearance of publication data. Note, that 2.8.1.3 states a condition must be
met, that when both publication data of the reproducer and the original are
found on the item, then in that case, you record the data for the reproducer.
The implication is that if the data for the reproducer isn't presented, then
you use the data of the original.

I read the last sentence of 2.8.1.3 as countering the implication when read in
the light of 1.11's broader handling of facsimile/reproduction descriptions.

--
Mark K. Ehlert
Minitex