Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:56:33 +0000
From: "Finnerty, Ryan" <rfinne...@ucsd.edu>
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Relationship designator for corporate creator

Hi Adam,

What if you have an entity that has multiple roles, one at the creator level
and the other at another level (e.g. author and publisher)?

Would it be acceptable to use relationship designator for both roles in a 1XX,
like this:
110 2_   Geological Survey (U.S.), $e author, $e publisher.

Or would you have to use a 1XX and 7XX, like this:
110 2_   Geological Survey (U.S.), $e author
710 2_   Geological Survey (U.S.), $e publisher

We've encountered this situation many times.
Thanks for your help!

Ryan J. Finnerty
Head, Database and Authorities Management | NACO Coordinator
UC San Diego Library | Metadata Services
rfinne...@ucsd.edu | (858) 822-3138