From: RE-wrenches [mailto:re-wrenches-boun...@lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf
Of Ray
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:32 PM
To: re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Outback inverter generator question

They need to add a transformer to operate the generator at full power. As Jerry
noted, running at 120 vac, they are only pulling off one leg of the generator.
This unequal loading can damage the generator.  I'm guessing they damaged both
Hondas.  A transformer will allow the generator to operate at 240 vac, and step
down to 120 vac for the inverter input.  At that point, a Honda 5 K becomes a
decent match for that inverter.  In its current state, they will just keep
frying generators.  Some generators offer full 120 vac output, like the Ecogen.
 Either way these folks need to spend some money on the right generator or a
transformer and repair the old generators.

Ray Walters

List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

List rules & etiquette: