That's probably what I would try also... but be really careful with Li,
there may be an issue with the BMS already, doing this could cause thermal
runaway... I would probably do so away from any structures, and I would be
using an thermal camera to monitor for hot spots.

I've done this with Li Po RC Batteries and a 12volt regulated power
supply... I don't know how they will react to direct array voltage.