Sure CDATA could solve the problem. So could encoding as < .

With cdata we'd need to watch that no ]]> is in sweet lisp.

Cdata does not work for attribute values.

Many web devs need to be told what cdata actually is.

Most of this embedded code is rather short. The wrapping would - too -
defeat the purpose of a readable source.