Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:

> With cdata we'd need to watch that no ]]> is in sweet lisp.

Sweet-expressions don't use square brackets for anything.

> Cdata does not work for attribute values.

Sweet-expressions can't go in attribute values, because XML processors
convert all newlines to spaces anyway.  (Yes, this is a misfeature,
but we are stuck with it from SGML days.  At teh Goog, I was once asked
to figure out why email messages wrapped in XML weren't round-tripping:
it turned out to be because the whole message was being stuffed into an
attribute, and it was returned as a single line.)

> Many web devs need to be told what cdata actually is.

Many will need to be told what Lisp actually is, too.

> Most of this embedded code is rather short. The wrapping would - too -
> defeat the purpose of a readable source.

That's your strongest point, I think.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        co...@ccil.org
If a soldier is asked why he kills people who have done him no harm, or a