http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM

RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[11] Subscribe to Red News. And additionally get a years FREE entry to our VIP
Forum
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 125 out May 7th
RN 124. 1976 Cup Final interviews
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Either send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG made
payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[10] Dutch view on Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
from SKY

'Manchester United outcast Ruud van Nistelrooy feels betrayed by his manager
Sir Alex Ferguson.

That is the opinion of van Nistelrooy's close friend, former Dutch
international Wim van Hanegem, who also confirmed that his compatriot was an
ally of ex-Red Devil Roy Keane.

Van Hanegem claims van Nistelrooy was an outspoken critic of Ferguson's
decision to dispense with Keane and has now paid the price for his dissent.

Since being dropped for the Carling Cup final, the former PSV Eindhoven star
has found himself marginalised at Old Trafford and van Hanegem is adamant the
turn of events was brought about by Keane's departure to Celtic.

"The departure of Roy Keane had a massive impact on Ruud," van Hanegem told the
Sunday Mirror.

"In the dressing room Ruud openly sided with Keane when Ferguson decided to
separate the player from the club.

"Because of Ruud's passion and determination he would not keep his mouth shut.

"Ruud can go far, sometimes too far and that has worked against him at United."

It is all a far cry from when Ferguson first courted van Nistelrooy and
developed a strong rapport with the player who struggled with injury before
making a switch to The Premiership.

But van Hanegem has now questioned the motives of the Scot.

"Ruud was completely overwhelmed by Sir Alex when he first got to know him.
When Ruud got injured the first time he was going to move from PSV Eindhoven to
United, Ferguson kept in touch with him all the time," added van Hanegem.

"But now Ruud has come to realise, I hope, that Ferguson's caring had nothing
to do with a human touch. It was only because Ruud was a world-class striker
and Ferguson was desperate to get him.

"Now Ruud has found out the hard way. He has also realised that Ferguson has a
funny way of ditching his biggest stars. Ruud has seen what happened to David
Beckham, Jaap Stam and Roy Keane."

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/16139340/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17211&a=608750&g=16139340
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[9] There are 6 Red News' from this season still available... you can get all 6
for just £6 inc p&p in UK... £10 ROW... and FREE entry into our VIP Forum
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
Never read the mag? Missed out? Then order the 6 available Red News' from this
season for just £6 in the UK INCLUDING p&p and £10 ROW (inc p&p). You also then
qualify for a free months entry into our news breaking VIP Forum,

Order here - product code 6OFFER

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

---------------------------------
[8] Sven on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
''It's very important to know that Rooney is paid by Manchester United and they
must look after their interest for the player and for the future. But on the
other hand, if he is fit then I think no-one can tell him not to play in the
World Cup. He is desperate to be there. Our doctors are in regular contact with
the medical staff at United. I don't think we will have a situation where our
medical staff staff say he's fit and United's say he is not."

---------------------------------
[7] Keane on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
"I don't know the extent of Wayne's injury, but I've had that same type of
problem myself and I've even been in the oxygen tent as he has. It's not an
easy problem to recover from and that's why I think everyone is very selfish
regarding what will happen to England. Obviously Manchester United will be
selfish about it, too, but they have every right to be because Wayne is their
player and they want what is best for him. But just imagine if Wayne was to go
over there, break down and then find himself struggling for United next season.
That wouldn't be fair on him or his club. England have to look at the bigger
picture and not be so selfish. They have to do what is best for him. If Wayne
isn't fully fit then people should do what's right by getting over it and
making other plans. He should be just left alone to complete his recovery. He
just has to accept that's life and then get over it - like I am sure he will if
he needs to. But the worst thing would be to put pressure on the lad to go
because he's still only a young man."

interesting point Keane makes

"A lot of United fans talk about me missing the Champions League Final in 1999,
but I did my ankle ligaments in the FA Cup Final so I wouldn't have been fit to
play even if I hadn't been suspended. The thing is that the ups more than made
up for the downs - and that's what Wayne Rooney has got to realise. He will be
gutted if he doesn't get himself fit in time, but he's a young lad and there
will be plenty more World Cups for him."

---------------------------------
[6] According to People
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United have pulled out of the race to sign Lyon's Mohammad Diarra.
Sir Alex Ferguson flew out to check on the midfielder but left unimpressed and
won't pursue a deal. '

---------------------------------
[5] Ronaldo on tough times
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
'Manchester United's Portuguese winger Cristiano Ronaldo has slated media
coverage of his life, particularly during the difficult period that followed
the death of his father in September.
"It was front page news for four straight days. That hurt me and my family. We
needed silence and they made an uproar," the 21-year-old said in an interview
published Saturday in daily Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias.
One month after his father's death, Ronaldo was questioned by British police
following allegations that he sexually assaulted a woman at a London hotel. The
player did not face charges due to insufficient evidence.
Then in February Europe's football governing body UEFA slapped the player with
a one-match ban for making an obscene gesture with his finger during a
Champions League game in Lisbon against Benfica in December where he was jeered
by Portuguese fans throughout the match.
"Regarding the rape story, everyone published the news that I was going to be
accused on their front page, but when I was rehabilitated the news was buried
inside the newspapers, in small letters," he said.
"It is obvious that the death of my father influenced everything. Suddenly I
found myself doing unjust things. Sometimes I just felt like saying: 'Leave me
alone for a bit! Don't force me to be a good little boy right now!'," he said.
"I knew that the pain would pass and for that to happen the most important
thing was for me to continue my work. But it was a difficult phase in my life."
Ronaldo took part in a World Cup qualifier against Russia in Moscow just one
day after the death of his father, winning him praise from Portugal coach Luiz
Felipe Scolari. The match ended in a goalless draw.
"I wanted to play. That's all I knew. I wanted to show everybody that I could
separate things. That I was a great professional and took my job seriously," he
said.'

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/red.php?id=BetSpOdds
http://www.rednews.co.uk/red.php?id=BetSpOdds

---------------------------------
[4] Keane on loving United
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
"I've been so lucky and I'd do it all again tomorrow. If Alex Ferguson rang me
and I was 18 or 19 years old I'd walk all the way from Nottingham to Manchester
to join United. Chelsea are doing very well at the moment, there is a lot of
money at Stamford Bridge, and London is appealing to a lot of players. But
Manchester United are still Manchester United. The club is unique, very
special. They are still the biggest club in the world. I look at other big
clubs and I will always have respect for them. But they will never be as big as
United, not in history or support."

---------------------------------
[3] Beckham on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
"I was always so positive I was going to make the World Cup anyway. It never
entered my head not to be fit for it, whereas Wayne has had his injury a month
later than I did. If he's not right, then he has to look after himself. He
can't take risks. He's got a huge future ahead of him, so he has to be careful.
He shouldn't rush it. Everyone in our country wants him fit but he's got to
think of himself as well. We'd rather have Wayne in the team on and off the
pitch. He's great off the pitch and everyone knows what he can do on it. But
we've got other world-class players. A lot of them are club captains and have
won huge games. John Terry and Frank Lampard have won Premiership titles.
Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher have won the European Cup. Ashley Cole and
Sol Campbell are going to the Champions League final on Wednesday and have won
leagues and so has Rio Ferdinand. Gary Neville is Manchester United captain.
Michael Owen has played for Real Madrid and captained Liverpool."

---------------------------------
[2] Sunday Times on G14
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
'The Football Association has launched a scathing attack on the G14 group of
top European clubs ahead of a court judgment in Belgium tomorrow that could
radically shift the balance of power between clubs and countries in European
football.

The Belgian club Sporting Charleroi, with the backing of G14, is suing Fifa
after midfielder Abdelmajid Oulmers was injured playing for Morocco in November
2004 and remained out of the game for eight months.

Should the judge rule in Charleroi’s favour, it could result in clubs being
paid compensation every time their players are on international duty and having
a greater say over the international calendar.

Simon Johnson, the FA’s director of corporate affairs, accused G14 of being
"wholly opportunistic" in pursuing the case. "What they have done here is jump
on the back of a case that should be about compensation for injury and
insurance and have tried to turn it into a referendum on whether countries
should pay for the release of players full stop, whether they get injured or
not," he said. "You really have to question why G14 have suddenly become so
supportive of a club in the Belgian first division."

G14 are understood to have submitted documents to the court claiming they are
entitled to tens of millions of pounds retrospectively for the release of
players. Johnson said the wealthiest bodies, such as the FA, would be able to
afford to pay compensation, but would be the exception.

"The vast majority of teams we compete against — even if you look at the 32
teams in the World Cup — wouldn’t necessarily have the resources to pay for the
release of their players for their qualifying matches or friendlies — the likes
of Togo, Angola and Ghana, or indeed smaller countries closer to home."

Should G14’s action be successful, some associations could face bills of about
£500,000 for the release of players for internationals.'

---------------------------------
[1] Chelsea to let Crespo go
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 14, 2006 by ed:
Mourinho

"Hernan is a Chelsea player, but he's never hidden the fact that his wish is to
return to Italy. He has always been very correct. I have allowed him to go,
from Monday he will be with the Argentina national team. We will evaluate the
alternatives. Either you find young players with great potential or you point
towards world-class players like Ballack. Ballack should sign. We are looking
for a forward and it's normal that Shevchenko and Eto'o's names are mentioned.
We will see what happens. I've never changed my mind. After Chelsea I want to
coach in Italy. But I have no intention to leave tomorrow. I am under contract
with Chelsea until June 2010."

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon