http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM

&item
RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[2] Support and see us grow
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 29, 2006 by ed:
There are 6 Red News' from this season still available... and you can get ALL 6
for JUST £6 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £10 ROW... and when you order you get FREE
entry into our VIP Forum for a month. What a bargain!

Never read the mag? Or just missed out this season? Then order the 6 available
Red News' from this season (including the new issue, 125, other issues with
comment, opinion and gossip on a remarkable season on and off the pitch - the
Bestie tribute comes with the 6 as well) for JUST £6 in the UK INCLUDING p&p
and £10 ROW (inc p&p). You also then qualify for a free months entry into our
news breaking VIP Forum.

Order here - product code 6OFFER

To order a single copy click on

single copy order e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

*******

Subscribe to Red News. And when you do you get a years FREE entry to our VIP
Forum

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine for 10 issues (a year).

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box
176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Ypur support keeps this website alive. Let us develop and grow and provide even
more news! 100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 125 out May 7th
RN 124. 1976 Cup Final interviews
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[1] Draper goes off to do his own thing
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 29, 2006 by tb:
And as is usual these days, appartently there's nothing suspicious and he left
on good terms, blah, blah, blah.

---------------------------------
[8] Dwight one of the gang
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
"When I got off the field I already had text messages from Rio (Ferdinand) and
Wayne on my mobile, they had been watching us and there was plenty of banter.

"I have left Wayne a message of good luck, I have a text from him already. The
messages were not rude, just funny and it is all good banter, which is what the
game is all about.

---------------------------------
[7] Dwight grateful to Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
"The manager is a winner, I respect him greatly. He sees things about people.
It was no different for me, or Ruud (van Nistelrooy) and Jaap (Stam). When he
sees your time is up he only thinks about Manchester United and his players.

"If he sees what you can do and can't do. And if he feels that you are not
doing the job he wants you to do then he will change it, it is as simple as
that.

"He makes his decisions, he lives and dies by them and he has been successful
doing it that way for many, many years.

"I had a few run-ins with him, everybody knows, but I have never lost my
respect for the man. He has helped me recently with training there. He has been
very kind, what more can I say but thanks."

---------------------------------
[6] Dwight on Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
"They do not come any more experienced than Sir Alex. I do not want to get
involved in the Wayne situation but it seems simple," Yorke said.

"If Wayne is fit then he will play, if he is not fit then he won't. Wayne is
Manchester United's player and Sir Alex is entitled to do that.

"Why force a player to play if he is not fit? (United) have got to look after
their best interests, the club are paying his wages and that is his bread and
butter."

---------------------------------
[5] Milan want Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
A 'source'

"Van Nistelrooy is the man we want. He is one of the few players in the world
who could replace Sheva."

---------------------------------
[4] Wayne doing aqua aerobics
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
England fitness trainer Ivan Carminati:

"It is very, very hard work running against the water."

"Wayne will not be able to last more than 25 minutes at a time."

"Rooney's foot isn't yet well enough for him to run hard on dry land because of
the strain the impact would put on it, but one thing we can do is get him to
run hard in water.

"It is tough but it really helps with aerobic fitness."

---------------------------------
[3] A 'friend' of Wayne says
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
"Wayne is desperate to play for England but he has said all along there will be
other World Cups if he is not ready.

"It will be a crushing blow but he is sensible. There is no point in trying to
rush an injury like this. If he goes too soon he has been told he could do
serious damage.

"As much as he would like to rush it he recognises the medical team are the
experts and he has to think about his long term future.

"He also knows that as much as he loves playing for England it is Manchester
United that pay his wages and have provided the platform for him to achieve his
footballing dreams and Sir Alex Ferguson in particular."

---------------------------------
[2] Ruud scores
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
In Dutch friendly against Cameroon.

---------------------------------
[1] Quinton a hoop?
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, May 28, 2006 by tb:
After a call from Roy:

"I was in Glasgow on Friday to see things for myself and it was terrific.

"Celtic are one of the greatest clubs in the world and the history and passion
around the place is unbelievable.

"If you asked any player in the world to play there, they'd do it.

"I don't want to make too much of a comment or be disrespectful to Celtic
because I haven't had a medical or signed anything.

"But, from what I saw of them on Friday, it would be an honour to play there.”

---------------------------------
[6] Dwight on going to Germany
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by tb:
"I probably thought I could get to a World Cup when I was playing for Man
United and we were winning trophy after trophy."

"Despite all the things I've won, as a kid growing up you dream that one day
you'll represent your country in a World Cup but I must say I felt the
opportunity had gone."

---------------------------------
[5] Sven: All is sweetness and light
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by tb:
“I spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson and we had a really good conversation.

“Despite all the speculation, there has been a very positive dialogue with
Manchester United all along.

“There is not a row between England and Manchester United.”

“I talked to Ferguson two days after the injury. We agreed on things then and
nothing has changed since then.

“We are very grateful for the support United have given Wayne and the England
team.

“There is no problem at all between England and Man United. The problem is
Wayne Rooney has a bad foot.”

---------------------------------
[4] Sun reckons Fergie will have to explain himself
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by tb:
ALEX FERGUSON is set for high-powered talks with Manchester United chief
executive David Gill over his hat-trick of sackings this season.

United boss Ferguson has kicked out captain Roy Keane, top scorer Ruud van
Nistelrooy and now doctor Mike Stone.

He was backed from on high over the situation with Keane, although directors
wish it had been avoided.

But it is the recent handling of Dr Stone that has caused the most anxiety
inside Old Trafford.

Stone, who treated Wayne Rooney’s broken foot, was not only a popular figure
among the players but also the club’s football board.

Directors are said to be ‘saddened’ by what has happened and Gill is concerned.

He had given Stone permission to do his extra work outside of his duties at
United. Yet Ferguson cited that as his reason for firing the medic.

Stone believes it was his efforts with Rooney and the positive messages he was
giving to England that have worked against him.

Now Gill wants to know exactly why this situation has come about. Key figures
are also troubled by the loss of Van Nistelrooy.

---------------------------------
[3] Fergie warns Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by tb:
"We do not just look at this from the medical point of view. Wayne has to take
care of himself too. He has to look after himself by ensuring he is getting the
proper rest and is wearing his orthopaedic boot at the right time, particularly
in training."

---------------------------------
[2] Subscribe or bundled up
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by ed:
[...]

[1} Free £40 bet 4 today only!
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 27, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10298056

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[48] Free £40 bet tomorrow only
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10298056

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[47] We know the appeals are tiresome... not one single order today for
anything though despite our desperate pleas!
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 125 out May 7th
RN 124. 1976 Cup Final interviews
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Either send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG made
payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

[...]

[46] Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
"It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Manchester United don't want Wayne
to play in the World Cup. We've had to deal with lots of issues this week
regarding wild exaggerations in the press. Some of the reports said we're going
to sue The FA and that the doctor [former club doctor Mike Stone] left because
of Wayne Rooney. It's absolute nonsense, all of it and is unfair on the club.
Furthermore, the most important thing, which is most damaging to myself and to
Manchester United Football Club, are the suggestions that we don't want Wayne
to go; it's absolutely ludicrous. The one Manchester United player I want to
play in the World Cup is Wayne Rooney. The experience and the confidence he'd
get from playing in the tournament would benefit both Wayne and Manchester
United. He's a major player for our club and I want him to be there. I told him
that from day one and that will be my main drive, to do that."

---------------------------------
[45] BBC on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
'Wayne Rooney will definitely miss England's World Cup group stage games -
after a scan revealed he cannot train for at least another three weeks.
Rooney's club, Manchester United, confirmed the 20-year-old will require
another scan on 14 June to determine when he can return to action.

If the striker's broken metatarsal is given the all-clear, he would have 10
days to get fit for a last-16 tie.

England have to decide by 9 June whether to replace Rooney in the squad.

This is very encouraging news. We hope Wayne can play his part in the World Cup

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson

He suffered the injury in a Premiership game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge
on 29 April.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson attempted to play down suggestions
of a club versus country row over Rooney.

Rooney has been allowed by United to join up with the England party on Sunday
for next week's friendlies, then fly to Germany with them on 5 June before
flying back to Manchester for the next scan.

"The most damaging thing which has been said is that we do not want Wayne
Rooney to go," Ferguson told MUTV.

"If there is one player I want to play in the World Cup, it is him. Wayne is a
major player for our football club and I want him at the World Cup. I have told
him that from day one."

Ferguson, who spoke to Eriksson on Friday morning, also said it was 'nonsense'
to suggest United would sue England if Rooney suffered any further injury in
Germany.

Eriksson added: "I am looking forward to Wayne joining up with the rest of the
squad on Sunday.

"I spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson today and we had a really good conversation.
Despite all the speculation, there has been a very positive dialogue with
Manchester United all along.

"We are very grateful for the support that they have given Wayne and the
England team. We are still hoping the second scan will show further improvement
and that Wayne can play his part in the World Cup.

"The fact that he is flying out to Germany with us will give everyone a huge
lift."

After playing Paraguay in Frankfurt on 10 June, England go on to face Trinidad
& Tobago in Nuremberg on 15 June and Sweden in Cologne on 20 June.

If they top Group B, they will face a last 16 game in Stuttgart on 25 June and
if they finish second, they will play in Munich on 24 June.'

---------------------------------
[44] Foster on England stand-by
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
from sportinglife

'Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster will fly back from Dubai to join the
England World Cup squad following last night's injury to Robert Green.
Foster - who helped Watford to promotion to the Barclays Premiership while on
loan at Vicarage Road in the recently-concluded season - has been named on the
stand-by list after Liverpool keeper Scott Carson's promotion to the main squad
as a result of Norwich's Green sustaining a serious groin injury in the England
B team's 2-1 defeat by Belarus.
Foster will fly back from his holiday tomorrow before linking up with
Sven-Goran Eriksson's squad for training at United's Carrington headquarters on
Sunday.
Former Everton and Sunderland goalkeeper Alec Chamberlain combines his playing
duties at Watford with a role as goalkeeping coach - and he admitted neither he
nor Foster had anticipated the call-up.
"It was a surprise to hear the news," Chamberlain, 42, told PA Sport. "But he
has had a fantastic season and played such a major role for us, so in a way
perhaps it is not a major shock.
"The whole season has been a fairy tale for him: joining Manchester United from
Stoke last summer, helping Watford to promotion and then being called up by
England."
Watford hope United will allow the 23-year-old Foster to spend next season on
loan with them after such a successful first year in Hertfordshire.
Foster's spell with England will enable him to train with some of the finest
players in the country, something Chamberlain believes will benefit the
goalkeeper greatly - as well as Watford should they be able to retain him.
Chamberlain continued: "It is a week's training with world-class players. I'm
sure it will be a bit surreal for him at first, but Ben is a level-headed lad.
"Being with England will help him if he is playing for Watford or Manchester
United in the Premiership next season.
"Getting to know the England players will settle him down, and I'm sure he will
rise to the challenge of training with those players.
"I expect him to cope with it. He has a long way to go, but he has all the
attributes needed to be a top-class goalkeeper."

---------------------------------
[43] Lyn on Mikel
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
Lyn director Morgan Andersen

"John Obi Mikel is not all clear for Chelsea as the English media have claimed"

Mikel's agent John Shittu

"I haven't heard anything about this and I am usually the first one who gets
contacted about such matters."

---------------------------------
[42] United statement
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
Manchester United has received the results from Wayne Rooney’s CT scan
performed yesterday and can confirm findings consistent with an injury 4 weeks
old.

His injury is progressing as expected and we now hope to gradually increase his
rehabilitation as planned.

A further CT scan will be performed in Manchester on14 June to assess further
his recovery and a decision will then be made as to whether he can begin to
participate in football training.

Manchester United medical department have and will continue to monitor his
progress, practising evidence based medicine. The England medical team have
been informed of these findings.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “Wayne has trained incredibly hard. We have continually
supported Wayne with his fight to get to the World Cup but it is obvious that
we have to be certain that he is physically and mentally fit.

"The Specialist has confirmed what we have always thought and we are confident
in that assessment in that we are satisfied with Wayne’s progress."

---------------------------------
[41] SKY
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
'Sky News understand that Wayne Rooney will have a second scan on his foot
injury on June 14. A full update on the Manchester United striker's foot scan
is expected shortly, but the England international is definitely out of the
group stages of the World Cup.'

---------------------------------
[40] BBC
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
'Rooney faces World Cup heartache. England striker Wayne Rooney will not be fit
to resume training for six weeks, a scan on his broken foot has revealed.'

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5590780

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[39] That's it for the World Cup?
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
Rooney not fit to resume training for 6 weeks, to have another scan June 14th

[38] 7 European papers covering United matches
Posted Friday, May 26, 2006 by ed:
auction ends at 1pm today

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-European-papers-covering-Manchester-United-matches_W0QQitemZ8812785486QQcategoryZ2885QQcmdZViewItem