At 01:41 AM 5/21/98 -0400, you wrote:

>    I was wondering if anybody out there has had any dealing with the RedHat
>Support system. I purchased  RedHat 5.0 about three weeks ago and have had
>absolutley no luck getting them to honor their product support. I've done
>everything except drive to their head office and beat the snot out of
someone.
>Is it me or do they have a problem they should address?

Mike,

  FWIW, I registered on line but couldn't get the automated support system
to recognize my registration number. So, I called on the phone. The 32-byte
number assigned by McMillan Digital Publishing wouldn't work The
receptionist graciously gave me a different, "official" RH 16-byte number.
The automated support system didn't recognize that one either.

  I sent a fax addressed to "support manager" and provided both
registration numbers. Eventually, someone faxed back to me. After a few
exchanges, they solved my problem elegantly.

  Last week I inquired about the upgrade cost of Applixware regular to
"professional" just so I could get printed manauls. I'm still waiting for a
reply.

  This mail list is fabulous. Post your questions here and I bet you get
the right help several times over.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.