> I'm caught in the middle of a couple of feuding technical "experts"
> on a probably trivial issue.
> Some Mobile radio power cords are fused on only the positive line.
> Others are fused on both lines.
> One's logic is you only need one fuse.  The other maintains their
> communications shop lost all the radios with only one fuse to a
> shorted power supply and none of the dual fused radios were
> effected.  The one fuse expert says that is BS and the other is lying.
> What is the collective experience/knowledge on here for this topic?
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts & 73
> Budd

It all depends on the radio and how it is wired.  Assumming a standard 12
volt negative ground car.  If you go directly to the battery with both leads
and you loose the normal car ground to the battery , then all the car's
electrical requirements try to go through the radio's groundwire and can fry
the rig if it is not fused in the negative lead.   If you do not go directly
to the battery with the radio's negative wire but hook it to the frame of
the car then this will not hapen.

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: