Nope. Kenwood is a big promoter of fusing the negative lead. The reasons
have already been mentioned on the list. Most, if not all of their
radios, do not support traditional positive ground. I say traditional
because there are now positive to negative ground converters for use to
install negative ground radios in positive ground vehicles.

A competitor of ours wired a cement truck with a new Kenwood right to
the battery with both leads (not fusing the negative lead). It lost the
chassis ground, and the starter current went through the radio back to
the battery. The radio was toast (literally). The customer went right
back to us (they were talked into this trial of our competitor's
service). I think the trial was a perfect demonstration, but I am
biased. ;->

Joe M.

Bob Underwood wrote:

> My bet would be that the black wire fuse is there for positive ground
> vehicles, a vestige of times past. In that case, the black (negative)
> wire is hot, and you would need the fuse there.
>
> Bob U.
> AA6BT

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: