In my opinion, and I have participated in this for quite a number
 of years, if you like visiting your snow bound repeater site in the
 dead of winter because the transmitter crystal drifted off
 frequency, fine.  Go ahead and buy the cheaper crystal.

  If you don't like visiting your snowed in repeater site, buy the
 best crystal.

  Neil McKie - WA6KLA