Thanks Glenn.

When I first noticed the 910 kHz relationship, 455 IF was
the first thing that popped into my mind... until I
realized the Micor doesn't have a 455 kHz IF.  Darn,
another good theory ruined...

Since I have 3 similar radios exhibiting exactly the same
problem I am thinking this may be an inherent design vs.
application problem.  Motorola never intended these radios
to transmit below the receive frequency, nor were they
intended for use below 450 MHz.  But if it is, I was hoping
others would step forward and verify that.  Surely I
couldn't be the first to discover it.  If I could verify
it's the nature of the beast, at least I would know I'm not
going to cure it.

Paul