I just got a good comparison on the DB224, and my Diamond 500 antenna.  FOr kick sakes I had a guy about 35 miles from the repeater in a mobile giving about 25 watts out.  WIth the DB224, originally designed for the 150-160 Mhz split, VSWR of 1.8:1, at 130' in the air, fed with 150' of 7/8" hardline he was full quieting into the system, claimed there was just a little noise on the repeater, but full scale.  I then switched to the Diamond antenna, fed with 160' of 7/8" hardline, up at 92', he lost one bar on the meter and had just a little noise in his signal.

I can only think that if the diamond, which has a VSWR of 1.2:1 were at 130' it would out perform the DB224.  So if I had a DB224 cut for the ham bands, it would only again out perform the Diamond antenna.

So I agree, for $50.00, yes get the antenna that is cut for the ham band.  Plans are to purchase a new Antenna this year for the repeater.  So if I may ask, what was the price quoted for a new DB224 antenna for the 138-150 Mhz range?

Mathew

Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I believe the down tilt issue only happens with the fiberglass antennas.

Chuck
WB2EDV