From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of atms169
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 9:46 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Double the gain or double the power?

Easy question for all other repeater owners.  What should I do?

I have a pair of folded looped-dipole antenna's for my repeater which
pushes 42 Watts.  Once I add the antenna and duplexers I get 25 Watts
output.  The antenna has 4 looped-dipole antenna's with phasing
harness but I only use one set.

So what should I do, should I continue using the 1 set of
looped-dipole antenna's at 25 Watts or do I add the second pair of
looped-dipole antenna's and push only 10 Watts out on the repeater (As
there will be a loss).

Which would be better?  I am sure I am doubling the gain for PEP.
Would I have a better receive on the antenna as well?  Would it really
make it stronger?

Aaron
VA6AE