Hello Dave:

I have a DB-224 stored behind the garage.  It didn't have the weep hole
in the bottom of the elements.  I have pictures of it somewhere in my
files.  What happened was water built up in a few of the elements, froze
and bent the element like an arch or archer's bow.  I thought my
eyesight was going West on me looking at it at the 200 foot tower level.

The aforementioned antenna was eventually replaced with a new same
model, and it did have the weep holes on the elements.

It's also interesting to note that I spent money to send it back to DB
Products since they didn't believe me, then they did.  They sent it back
to me without repairing or replacing it.

The least they could have done is thank me for the change in future
product design or replace the bent elements!

This is not the first time commercial and amateur radio manufacturers
have eagerly placed products in the marketplace without proper testing
in the "Real World".

Tony, K3WX