Yes, 142 is easier to work with than 213, but 142 has a problem that 
400 overcomes...

RG 142/U has a solid steel center conductor that is silver plated hence it
is "springy" and doesn't bend well.

RG 400/U has a stranded copper center conductor, with each strand
silver plated before twisting into the center conductor.

Simply because of it's flexibility I prefer 400 for bench test cables. The
steel center conductor of 142 will eventually fracture.

See <http://www.repeater-builder.com/antenna/double-shielded-coax.html>
for more details.

Mike WA6ILQ

At 05:23 AM 05/09/08, you wrote:
>Kris,
>
>I guess the question would be are you now having problems you think 
>are caused by internal cable???
>
>If not replacing RG213 with 142 is not a positive move.  That is the 
>213 is ok.
>
>The 142 is easier to work with because it is smaller and I would 
>prefer it when building a repeater.
>
>73, ron, n9ee/r
>
>
> >So RG-142 > RG-213? I've got a six-foot jumper of RG-213, which I can
> >replace with some RG-142, but the 142 is .25" diameter and the 213 is
> >.5" diameter.
> >
> >--
> >Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.
> >               --rly
> > 
>
>
>
>Ron Wright, N9EE
>727-376-6575
>MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS
>Owner 146.64 repeater Tampa Bay, FL
>No tone, all are welcome.
>
>
>
>------------------------------------
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

Reply via email to