I have some cable that I cannot find the true information for.
  it is labeled as follows:
68999, TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMS, RT142
  It is not listed, at least not readily seen, on the Times microwave web  
site.
  It appears to be a version of RG142.
  It is tan outer cover
  Double shielded, high density silvered (or tinned) with insulation  
between teh two shields..
  clear solid inner insulation, and stiff solid center conductor.
  I bought it to use as RG142 for jumpers.
  It looks virtually the same as some labeled RG142 that came with a Micor  
UHF duplexer, though less flexible than the RG142 seems to be.
  I now wonder if it is interchangeabe or not?
  I have never seen any cable labeled RT instead of RG...

  Wayne WA2YNE


On Fri, 09 May 2008 22:37:00 -0500, Laryn Lohman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  
wrote:

>  RG400, RG214, Superflex and RG142 if handled carefully/infrequently,
> and others, are good inside the cabinet.
>
> Some seem to be concerned about the larger vs. smaller cables,
> implying less vs. more loss.  Generally these jumpers are so short
> it's not an issue.  Perhaps it starts to be at 900 mc. and above,
> however.  Moving to something like 1/2" Superflex would help there.
>
> Laryn K8TVZ
>



-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

------------------------------------



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to