I did make one jumper using some RT142, with an RCA on one end, and an N  
on the other.
  Seemed to work okay. I still have that cable, I think, don't recall for  
sure.
  I used it with a Mastr II base from the RX port to a duplexer can.
  I did trim the insulation between the two shields so both layers were  
common at the nds.
  Would be nice to use some between the duplexer Tee and either a PolyPhaer  
or direct to 7/8" hardline. Desiring to keep as short as practical to keep  
losses down at 442 MHz.
  I hate trying to use junk cable.
  The duplexer has what looks to be RG142 for its jumpers.

  I bought the cable thinking it was the same as RG142.

  Wayne WA2YNE


On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:20:14 -0500, Eric Lemmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wayne,
>
> My contact at Times Microwave Systems advised me that "RT-142" is a  
> triaxial
> cable in their "REMIT" specialty product line.  The name refers to  
> "Reduced
> Electro Magnetic Interference."  Although Times does claim that "RT-142  
> is
> manufactured in accordance with the material requirements of MIL-C-17"  
> it is
> not a QPL-listed product.  Times will not mark the jacket unless  
> specially
> requested by the customer.  Here are the specs from the REMIT catalog  
> page:
>
> Inner Conductor - 0.039" SCCS
> Dielectric OD - 0.116"
> Dielectric Material - Not specified
> Shield Braids - SC
> Shield Coverage - Not specified
> Jacket Material - FEP
> Jacket OD - 0.215"
> Nominal Impedance - 50 ohms
> Nominal Capacitance - 29.4 pF/ft
> Max Operating Voltage - 1,900 VRMS
> Max Attenuation at 400 MHz - 9.0 dB/100 ft
> Velocity of Propagation - Not specified
>
> If this cable is used in place of double-shielded coaxial cable such as
> RG-400, the insulating barrier should be trimmed back from the connector
> clamping or crimping area, so that there is positive metal-to-metal  
> contact
> between the shields at both ends of the jumper.  Care must be taken to
> select connectors that fit the dielectric without slop; otherwise, a
> significant "impedance bump" will occur at the cable/connector interface.
>
> 73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne
> Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:34 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Best coax for short jumpers in repeater
> cabinet?
>
>   I have some cable that I cannot find the true information for.
>   it is labeled as follows:
> 68999, TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMS, RT142
>   It is not listed, at least not readily seen, on the Times microwave web
> site.
>   It appears to be a version of RG142.
>   It is tan outer cover
>   Double shielded, high density silvered (or tinned) with insulation
> between teh two shields..
>   clear solid inner insulation, and stiff solid center conductor.
>   I bought it to use as RG142 for jumpers.
>   It looks virtually the same as some labeled RG142 that came with a  
> Micor
> UHF duplexer, though less flexible than the RG142 seems to be.
>   I now wonder if it is interchangeabe or not?
>   I have never seen any cable labeled RT instead of RG...
>
>   Wayne WA2YNE
>



-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/

------------------------------------



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Repeater-Builder/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to