Eric Lemmon wrote:
> Wayne,
> 
> My contact at Times Microwave Systems advised me that "RT-142" is a triaxial
> cable in their "REMIT" specialty product line.  The name refers to "Reduced
> Electro Magnetic Interference."  Although Times does claim that "RT-142 is
> manufactured in accordance with the material requirements of MIL-C-17" it is
> not a QPL-listed product.  Times will not mark the jacket unless specially
> requested by the customer.  

Isn't this the same stuff that a certain dealer who advertises here from 
time to time really had, when he thought he had RG-400, and then 
e-mailed all of us who'd mailed checks to say it was RT-142 or similar?

Anyone else have that happen?

Oh well... two phone calls, multiple e-mails and I never got any cable 
(which I didn't really want after it was found it wasn't RG-400) or a 
check back...

I gave up.

Wrote it off as "never do business there again", even though the person 
has a decent reputation on this list.

I won't say who, as I really don't want to deal with the flame-fest.  It 
was the only order of anything I got hosed on all of last year and the 
year before, so I'll chalk it up to "experience" and move on.

If someone wants to know who it was off-list, feel free to e-mail.  I 
figure he just got caught between a rock and a hard place, and having 
dealers willing to sell/stock old stuff here on the list, is worth more 
to me than worrying about one mistake, really.

I'm mostly just curious if that's where you got it?

Nate WY0X

Reply via email to