Wayne,

RT142 is a triaxial cable that is no longer in the Times Microwave catalog.
Since the two shields are insulated from each other, that cable will not
perform well where two shields are needed.  It is a special-purpose cable
that is intended for use with Trompeter and similar triaxial connectors.
Moreover, it is not a Mil-Spec cable and is not interchangeable with RG-142
or similar double-shielded cable in which the shields are directly in
contact with each other.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2008 8:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Best coax for short jumpers in repeater
cabinet?

  I have some cable that I cannot find the true information for.
  it is labeled as follows:
68999, TIMES MICROWAVE SYSTEMS, RT142
  It is not listed, at least not readily seen, on the Times microwave web  
site.
  It appears to be a version of RG142.
  It is tan outer cover
  Double shielded, high density silvered (or tinned) with insulation  
between the two shields..
  clear solid inner insulation, and stiff solid center conductor.
  I bought it to use as RG142 for jumpers.
  It looks virtually the same as some labeled RG142 that came with a Micor  
UHF duplexer, though less flexible than the RG142 seems to be.
  I now wonder if it is interchangeabe or not?
  I have never seen any cable labeled RT instead of RG...

  Wayne WA2YNE

Reply via email to