Not true Mike.
Check out www.georgiaskywarn.com.
My remote has NO memories in it.  It is a Kenwood TM-G707.  All the
repeaters you see on that list, I can remote up and bring to the hub
repeater.  I can also go back and tell it a freq / offset, then go
back and tell it the pl.

Yes, you do have to have a "box" of sorts to do the magic between the
RC210 but very easy to build.

Is the RB-1 still available? Or did they stop selling that.   (I think
that is the number)  I believe that is the one needed for the SCom.

Robert
KD4YDC

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Ryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> .as long as those repeaters have the SAME pl as you use for your own
> repeater.  -M

[Repeater-Builder] Re:
> Looking ...
>

> I have the yaesu 857d. You use memories in the controller not the
radio. I
> admit that is a limitation but it can be worked around with macros if
> needed. I am only using a couple for local repeaters and calling
freqs so it
> is not a problem for me
>
> Rob
>
> Sent by Good Messaging (www.good.com)

But tell
> me what HF radio that you have with memories that are accessed by the
> RC-210.maybe we'll learn something here.
>
> -Mike

HERE )
> depends as much on what you intend to do with it or how it is going
to fit
> what you want to do with it. NEITHER the ARCCOM or the SCOM 7330
will work
> if you intend to do anything more than fairly basic things.. a
repeater, a
> remote base on a fixed freq, etc, etc.  Those discussions have taken
place
> RECENTLY on here and with the manufacturers.  If someone wants to have a
> freq. agile radio, that has the different modes, bands, MEMORIES and
PL, how