Hi Joe,

I have a large number of the Securicor, Intek 220MHz ACSB
trunking combiners removed from service here on the West
Coast (California). T'was at one time quite the build-out...
going from Texas up through Alaska.

At first glance it appears least one of almost every antenna
combiner manufacture produced their own version of the 5 channel
combiners for the various incarnations of 220MHz Trunking.
However, there are/were other size trunking systems... I have
also seen and worked with two and three channel TX combiners.

So I have Wacom, Cellwave, Aerial Systems, RJ, Telewave, Sinclair
and a few other custom made configurations here. And there are
different variations of combiner systems made by the various
manufactures. It's very interesting to see how different people
accomplished the same task with fairly similar and different
hardware layouts.

So what is most practical to do with what you have depends on
what specific hardware you received.  In most cases it's well
worth your time to try and track this stuff down... lots of
the hardware found in the combiner translates to use in other
applications.

Specific to the Cellwave hardware you have... depends on what
you have. Some of the Cavities are set for pre-selection insertion
loss, some are set for one frequency notch. Some cavities have
semi fixed loops/probes that are hard to work with... and then
there's the easily adjusted bottles.

I measured and made actual performance graphs for the Cellwave
version... so email me direct if you would like to talk more
about it off the list.

I'm using a number of the original as-built TX Combiners at
various mountain top sites. They simply needed minor modifications
and re-tuning. Some of the combiners racks (like a number of
the Cellwave units I have) include receiver pre-selection. In
many cases the receiver pre-selection will work for low power
systems but is really not enough for 2 or more high powered
transmitters in the typical close spaced Amateur Ap.

The Aerial Systems Square Cavities mentioned in dcflux's post are
really, really nice units with relatively much high Q compared to
slightly smaller round cavities. But they are cumbersome to mount
if you don't have the original mfgrs rack rails.

I can post information and hints here if people are interested
but it's probably more practical to yak off the list. Please
feel free to (send food) email me direct.

cheers,
skipp

skipp025 at yahoo.com