Denny,
I would stay away for those Maxar's. They were never a very good
radio, but they were a lot cheaper than buying a Maxtrac or Mitrek at
the time they came out.

I would stick with trying to find a 42-50 MHz Maxtrac or other
synthesized radio.

If you really want something in a crystal controlled radio, I would
try and find a GE MVP or Motorola Mitrek 42-50 MHz radio. The MVP's
are a front mount or under dash radio and about the same style and age
as the Maxar, but are a much better radio. The Mitrek in my opinion is
a big step up over the MVP, but they are little harder to interface
to, since they are a rear mount radio with a remote control head.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Joe - WA7JAW

If you find a synthesized radio and need help programming it, let me
know and I may be able to give you a hand or program it for you.