From: skipp025 <skipp...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Radios for easy VHF 29 to 54 MHz Low Band operation
& Repeater Projects
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, January 30, 2009, 11:39 AM

Re: Radios for easy VHF 29 to 54 MHz Low Band operation
& Repeater Projects

> Dean Endicott <dean.endicott@ ...> wrote:
> How about a GE delta low band. There programmable with
> 128 channels w/990 control head. 90- 100 watts and they
> tune fairly easy, no modifications.
> Dean.

Hi Dean,

Another great radio for the low band cause... In the realistic
space of the original post it was hard to include more than a
small number mention of the many popular low band radios.

Alinco programmable radios

GE Delta - Programmable
GE MVP - Crystal
GE Master II - Crystal
GE Master Pro
GE Ranger
Other GE Radio Models

Kenwood tk-6110 mobile and tk-190 portables, which program
onto the ham bands without hardware modifications.

Midland Syntech, XTR and newer series of programmable
radios (an easily found programmable lb radio). One of
my choice easy to do radios for ham projects.

Motorola Mitrek/Motrek - Crystal
Motorola Maxar/Moxy - Crystal
Motorola Maratrac/Maxtrac/ Radius - Programmable

Neutec - programmable

Older RCA radios long out of production.

Uniden radios - Crystal and Programmable

Vertex/Standard - FLT-1011 and similar programmable radios.
Relatively easy to find on Ebay and similar to the Motorola
Maxtrac/Radius Radios in physical size.

****

And this list will surely grow as others chime in...

cheers,
s.