Dennis Ashworth wrote:
> I have a Motorola Maxar, plate number D31TRA2300AK
> I scanned through the Repeater builder site and didn't find many hits on
> the model.
>
> I want to put this on 6M - any experience on how difficult it would be
> to insert a 6M crystal set/realign?
> Any thoughts or referrals would be most appreciated
>
> Tnx
> Dennis, K7FL
> Battle Ground, WA
>
> ------------------------------------

I have a Maxar-80 on 6M now, and it covers 52.525 and the big local
repeater just fine (no more than 400 KHz spread however).
When I got it, it had already been setup on 6, so I don't know what if
any modes may have been done, but I can't believe there was much done.

I can see how it might not work as well on 53 MHz freqs, but below
should be fine. For what you want to do, I suspect it will be much lower
in band, and less of a problem.

Also you more likely want a xtal controlled radio for quicker
key-up/key-down times. Some synth radios are a little slow, or a little
noisy in the first few mS.