Operating a VHF or UHF stationary repeater in a potentially
high RF environment ( i.e. other repeaters nearby) with a mobile
style receiver ( maxtrac ) and no filtering of any kind ( Like a
bandpass/reject duplexer) is not a suggested configuration in my world..

         In many sites this will yield interference from other nearby
repeaters due to RF overload...

         Unshielded cables for mic wires and rx vol hi wires in a
high RF environment is also not suggested.

         Mobile duplexers ( not suggested in this case) are designed
to protect you from yourself and pretty much that is all they do...
but in a station duplexer with pass/reject filtering .. it is
designed to protect your receiver from overload from just about all
sources besides a mobile or portable within a couple hundred
kiloherts.. and any of that off freq is supposed to be filtered by
your I.F. filters..

They are suggested for many other reasons besides a single antenna
solution....if the interference is overload.. it would probably help...

Alternately try a bandpass filter on your rx, if that does not help,
then the source of the interference is probably another
transmitter... and without friendly support from the owner may be
difficult to resolve...

Doug
KD8B