Some try to develop scenarios that justify enabling transmit
capability for Public Safety frequencies.

An intruder on law enforcement frequencies may be ignored as a
false distress call as they begin intruder procedures.

As noted before, law enforcement is quite territorial about
their communications channel.  In Michigan you will not be
treated well if your vehicle can transmit on their channel.  I
witnessed one ham who was pulled over when he was transmitting
on amateur radio and the nearby patrol car's scanner had
front-end overload.  Fortunately, he was able to avoid citations
and impound, but was delayed substantially.

What will you say when an law enforcement person looks in your
vehicle and says, "What's that radio?  Does it receive or
transmit on police frequencies?"

Mike - AA8K