AARON LEWIS DINKIN wrote:

> I thought the FCC rules say during an emergency with immediate threat
> to life and property you may use any means at your disposal
> considering good operating practices and as long as there are no FCC
> imposed communication  restrictions you may use any frequency that you
> would be most likely to elicit help.
Exactly. And while fire department channels, particularly fire
department mutual aid channels, are likely places to find help... as is
marine channel 16 if you're in a place where that is monitored,...
police channels most definitely are not.

Not because you won't be heard, but because you'll either be carefully
ignored or heard, but arrested, no matter what federal law says.

Matthew Kaufman