From: Doug Bade <k...@thebades.net>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 11:17:57
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Tait T800 S1 Eprom Problems

I had bought and sold about 20 of the 900 mhz Tait's. Mine were 10 mhz
based and I converted them to 12.8 mhz reference... In the tait software
I used there was a provision to specify a lot of stuff including
generating a list of channels based on a step size from an origin up to
x channels. I need to dig out my software asn such. I also PDF'd the
manuals for the TX and RX. If I can find those I can forward them. I am
not finding them on my main desktop, I think they are on my ham computer
in the basement. I will look later...

Doug

tait700 wrote:

> Thanks Doug,
>
> When i programmed the chip and installed it onto the board i set up
> the 8 Dip switches to agree with the 127 channel coding positions.
> The original chip had the Channel 1 freq with 8 + 1 dip switches off
> on the eprom board and this is where i have placed the new frequency,
> keeping the same dip positions.
>
> The only other option that PGM800 offers is the channel step ( 12.5
> mhz ) and this appears to be non adjustable in the software.
>
> If you could elaborate on the reference oscillator issue i would be
> grateful, is this a software controlled adjustment or a hardware
> adjustment somewhere in the Synth section on the main board.
>
> Regards,
>
> --- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com>, Doug Bade <k...@...> wrote:
> >
> > If you have the wrong reference oscillator selected, it will create
> > steps that are invalid.. and thus syth unlock..
> > The ref osc for factory standalone units is based on 12.8 mhz but there
> > is an optional 10.0 mhz ref osc.. and it can be external or internal.
> > The PLL steps are calculated from that osc and the desired step size.
> > You also need to select a channel in the channel switches that is
> > occupied, it can be from 1-64 and the prom needs to be programmed
> > accordingly..
> >
> > Doug

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional