Michael Kinzelbach wrote:

Hello.

I want report magic running in a cgi script, which I have written. My cgi script genrates a config file for Report magic and starts Report magic with this configfile. The problem is, that the output ist written to STDOUT and not to the output files ....

Does  somebody  know an solution ...?

This behavior is by design. If you are running Report Magic in a CGI environment and it writes files to your system it may be possible for a malicious user to fill your storage with reports and create a Denial-of-Service attack on your server.

As mentioned by Michel, there are numerous ways your CGI program can get around this (modules can capture this stuff in Perl), but be very careful of what you are doing and make sure you know the implications.

--
Jeremy Wadsack
Seven Simple Machines