I totally agree here.
The development on Greebo took mainly place, because I liked the repository
idea from maven and wanted to port this to ANT and also to other tools (are
there any?). Anyway, the basic idea of RepoMan is an application, which you
can then use in different environments like ANT and Maven.
Due to this, the implementation of Maven was used to implement Greebo and is
now used to design the RepoMan thing. Right now, only Maven has a real
repository at ibilio, and so this is a kind of starting point for the
and so we thought, that we should at least have a compatible version, so
that we can use this repository also. I believe that this is still the case,
since ASF can only host ASF licensed products and there are so many other
licenses that we should not ignore them. I believe this is the reason why
chose to host their repository on ibilio.
>>From my point of view, we should start with a compatible version to the
Maven repo and extend this structure, which will probably lead us to a
solution. But still we have a already working starting point and can have
a look on extension.

just my cent about this.