That sounds more like a 20/80 rule, i.e. you can't for some -- so don't
bother for all. ;-) Who is to say we couldn't get some sort of agreement
amongst apache software?

Sure somebody can try to find this agreement on one fine day. But this is completly ortogonal to the repository and repository possibly won't be limited to project hosted at ASF.
So I am proposing to close this this issue with resolution "WON'T FIX".

Let's take this to Wiki [I'll figure out a way].

I am almost sure that with WIKI we will have much more chaos. Wiki it's not a perfect techonology for maitaing disussions.

-1 for using WIKI for dissusion
+1 for using WIKI for writing down the things which were agreed.

Michal